The most powerful optical sorting machine for potatoes and carrots on the market
Newtec manufactures optical sorting machines for the type of potato that will work in your market and live up to your quality standards and pre-set classifications.
For more than twenty years, Newtec has developed and produced optical sorting machines for potatoes and carrots. Our Celox optical sorting machines are unique and world-leading machines in terms of technology and performance.
Our Celox contains patented technology and is the only machine on the market which can simultaneously grade products in both size, shape and quality - and then deliver the products in up to 14 different categories.
Products can thereby be split in the most suitable way to match orders and optimise earnings. Sorting of special product selections for trays, campaigns or customers are also possible.
We look forward to optimising the value of each of your potatoes and/or carrots by sorting them in the most profitable way.
- Quality, size and shape sorting in one machine
- Accurate selection of high-value products
- Gentle product handling
- Reduced labour costs
- Consistent quality output for raw product optimisation
- WebServices enabled for capturing of complete product information and remote servicing.
Learn more about our optical sorting machines below
Read more about:
Research and development
We work in close cooperation with national and international researchers, scientists, universities and PhD students to identify new developments and insights that have the potential to transform the whole industry tomorrow.
Our software is adapted to the crop type that the machine is made for. The Celox machines use intelligent software which can be configured to detect specific defects on different surfaces. This means, for instance, that our Celox-P-UHD can sort almost any potato variety, taking into consideration that products tend to change during the season.
Consequently, the Celox machines bring high value to our customers not only by reducing labor cost, but because they optimise the value of every single potato or carrot by sorting them in the most profitable way, - all while handling the crop very gently.
- Intuitive interface for configuring products by quality, size and shape
- Web-based user interface for convenient accessibility
- PLC connectivity for line integration
Newtec in control
The Celox machines are entirely in-house developed. Newtec has a highly qualified staff that continuously develops and improves the software and the mechanical parts of the optical sorting machines.
Today, the Ultra High-Definition cameras used in the machines are developed and manufactured by our subsidiary Qtechnology.
This means that Newtec controls the entire process and that all service and support is backed up directly from Newtec.
Secure remote access in real-time
The Celox optical sorting machine is at the very heart of your production pipeline and consequently must be able to offer your supervisor access to all functions of the optical sorting machine, full information and process monitoring at all times. The machine can be operated directly by the intelligent, yet user-friendly touchscreen interface. In addition, it can also be remotely operated from a web-browser. The machine can thus be remote-controlled from a desktop or laptop PC, tablet PC or smartphone. In-house remote control of the machines is possible simply by connecting the machines to the Local Area Network (LAN), and any number of Celox machines may be controlled from the same browser. Worldwide on-line remote control is supported through secure connections provided by Newtec WebServices.
Newtec's solution offers several key advantages:
- Several machines can be accessed, monitored and even controlled from a single PC from inside a central factory office.
- It's easy: To access the machine's user interface, simply load a browser and enter the local ip-address of the Celox optical sorting machine in the browser's address bar
- All settings and statistics that are available to the machine's daily operator are also accessible to remote operators in real-time.
- Access is usually restricted to machines on the same Local Area Network (LAN). However, if network access is provided through Virtual Private Network (VPN) or through Newtec WebServices, the graphical user-interface can even be accessed through the Internet. This allows easy monitoring of machines on disparate geographical locations.
- Remote support is possible through WebServices. If the operator has a question regarding a specific setting, Newtec's trained service staff will - with your permission - log in to your Celox optical sorting machine, view the machine's settings and offer advice. With your permission, we can even modify and optimise the configuration of your machine.
- For safety reasons, all functions that involve starting and stopping mechanical parts are disabled on remote access points.
Complete overview of settings
The user interface provides a comprehensive yet easy-to-understand overview of machine speed, product classes and their allocations to outlets. It also shows the amount of products going to each class, allowing the operator to quickly assess if each class receives sufficient products or if sorting settings need optimisation. In addition, essential criteria for size-sorting are visible and accessible at a glance.
Accurate control of sizes
Criteria for size-sorting can be entered with 1 mm precision which permits configuration of very narrowly defined rules for product length, diameter, etc. Criteria can be specified individually for each class, permitting special-selection classes.
Production line integration
The Celox machine also supports seamless production line integration through industry-standard communications interfaces such as Modbus-TCP and Open Platform Communications (OPC). These interfaces are widely supported by the modern industrial PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) which are today integrated in most production lines. This allows automation of routine tasks such as configuring sorting parameters for quality, size and shape sorting.
Please contact your local representative for more information. See more